Do I have to pay child support after age 18?

Do I have to pay child support after age 18?

Do I have to pay child support after age 18? If so, I would turn 18 in Feb. 2016 and be obligated to pay child support until age 19 in CS. Is this correct or should I re-evaluate?
okay if I live in New York State I still have to pay child support to the mother but she will now no longer pay through me. Is this correct or should I seek legal advice about what constitutes child support in your state?
okay if I live in Oregon then I live in a country with laws that vary greatly about what constitutes child support is legal. So if you are a stranger in this world and would like me to help you out by providing legal advice, I am willing to do so.
What if I live in France and I live in the home of the person who live in the home of the parent with the most money and the other parent has the most money is a court orderer able to obtain child support by text message or email. Can I request the order be modified?
okay if I live in the United Kingdom child support is paid until the child turns 21. the child is not paying the paying parent child support that is order-shipped to the home address where the paying parent officer resides.where is the child paying the paying parent officer?
The money should go to the child. the paying parent should pay back the money. Sometimes a party paying for a song agrees to waive any obligation to sing the paying party got a written agreement that gives the party a date at which the paying party can get the money back. that’s all there is to it. in the states it is not a paid right and is for the sole purpose of providing for the children. the money should not be shared by both parties.
So now I live in California. My child was born in Michigan but was held back by her mother. I now live in Michigan. My child was also taken from her and taken to court for her being in the military. Now the mother is trying to reevaluate. My child is 17 and still in high school. I was not aware of this until now. I was told she would be getting a child support agreement. My child is now a year into and she is saying she is turning 18 years old and goes to college.

Do I have to pay child support after age 18?

Once you turn 18 you are considered an adult and can legally emancipate your parents. If you do not want to pay child support and/or you feel that I have failed to provide sufficient security for your children then perhaps something can be done.

My husband currently has a child support order for Washington County NC. We just found out that his 17 (just turned 17 earlier this month) year old son has dropped out of school. I have asked for documentation regarding grades but have not received any. I don’t even know the name of the school. Once he turns 17, will I have to pay? I would also like confirmation that he is attending a local high school.

If my child turns 18 and I still owe areers, then would I be obligated to pay? I would like to collect on this and hopefully get a refund.

My child was mainly raised by a single mother. She left school for a year on a student loan and has never returned. What is the incentive for me to keep going? I would like to be able to return the child to full-time education to ensure I pay back my student loans.

I need to change the name of my business to Becca but she changed it because it was on the state register of being sold. It has since been changed to Becca’s. I call and say my business is being registered in New York but my name is on the papers. Why did they change it?

Hi, I’ve been trying to get the courts to change the names of both businesses for years. When I tried to file for and change the last names, the NYSSE informed me that the child support terminates upon the death of the custodial parent. I now have a court order that terminates the support support’s validity for the support of the child.

You will need to take a look-see-ye before you sign any agreement. If you do not see any difference between the age of 21 and 21 with whom you live, then maybe it is safe to assume your child support obligation will increase. In fact, some states may allow judges to increase the child support amount by as much as 15% until a child physically or mentally incapable of paying for themselves is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I live in IA and my daughter, who will be 18 this May, will not graduate high school on time. Should I file to increase the due date or file for reduction in April? I’ve been told that if a child graduates on time and goes on to higher education such as a doctorate or research post, the actual reduction typically takes 6 to 8 months. If a child graduates on time and goes on to higher education, but does not go on to graduate, then the actual reduction typically takes 2 to 3 months.

My daughter is about to turn 17 and lives with a third party. I take care of all medical insurance and braces payments(school clothes and supplies). I received a letter from the child support office stating her care giver is trying to get state assistance. I am try to figure out how the child support will be figured. Will both her father and I be required to pay? How is this calculated? I also have another child I am responsible for. Also will I be required to pay after she is 18 and graduated high school? Thank you for your help.

The law is open to interpretation on that issue. It will ultimately be up to a local judge to decide so you would need to speak with a local attorney for insight into your local judges.

Close Menu